On this page you will find up-to-date information about the 2-Years Adults Advanced Islamic Studies Course.
Note: Enrollment is now closed.
The Nature & Importance of ‘Ilm
Notes on the Introductory Session to the Advanced Islamic Studies Course delivered at the Course Induction and Open Evening on Monday 18th Nov 2018 can be read in PDF format here:
Schedule for First Year
To view the schedule of dates for the First Year, please click the link below:
Timetable Term 1
- 8:00-8:45pm Fiqh
- 8:45-9:30pm Arabic
- 8:00-8:30pm Quran
- 8:30-9:00pm Hadith
- 9:00-9:30pm ‘Aqidah
Book List Term 1
Books to be Purchased for the First Term:
- Matn al-Arba‘ūn al-Nawiwiyyah (Maktabat al-Bushrā print)
- Matn al-‘Aqīdat al-Ṭaḥāwiyyah (Maktabat al-Bushrā print)
- Madīnah Arabic Books, called Durūs al-Lughat al-‘Arabiyyah; Volume 1
It is vital that we give due respect to the ‘Ilm that is being taught and learnt in this course. For this reason, some basic guidelines are specified below, and we expect students to abide by this to the best of their ability.
- Punctuality: It is essential that students arrive on-time. Ideally this will be 5 minutes before the start time to settle down and be prepared to begin at the scheduled start time. If for any reason you will be late, please keep us informed.
- Attendance: Occasional unavoidable absences due to work, family or other unforeseen disturbances can be allowed for. Please inform us through text message or email about this.
- Class recordings: Recordings will be kept for case-by-case use, such as an unavoidable absence from the class. Access to recordings will be limited to help students value the importance of being present in the class, and the need to catch up on missed lessons promptly.
- Mobile phone use: In general, mobile phone use is strongly discouraged during class time. Family and friends should be informed that you are unavailable during class hours. Emergency use is acceptable but must be kept at an absolute minimum.
- Traditional Sunnah dress: Students are encouraged to adopt traditional Sunnah attire by wearing a head covering (topi) and a jubbah/kurta. This beautifies the environment and helps in creating focus in the classroom environment.
If you need to contact us for any queries, please use the details below:
- Contact Number: 0785 864 1887
- Contact Email Address: email@example.com